Saturday, October 9, 2010

Count Down Fun! 11 . . .

Photos Tomorrow.  No.  Really!!!

So, somehow, we have two weeks of photos, work, and life backlogged.  We haven't posted in how long?!?  Yet here we are and somehow the countdown has already started  .  .  .

We have eleven [ 11 ] working days before Load-In for the Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands.  (I said that rather calmly, while I think somewhere deep inside myself I heard, "Eek!")  It's about to get, um, interesting.

It is also going to be very very rewarding.  The reality is that it's going to be physically harder than I would like.  (I'm already afraid that I'll meet "The Wall" again at some point . . . )  But it's going to be worth it!  When the October Guild Fair opens, the morning of Thursday the 21st, we'll be set up and ready.

We delivered a sizable body of work to Allanstand, at the Folk Art Center, today.  (I hope to post those photos tomorrow!)

What still amazes and astounds me is that, despite today's delivery, in the space of a couple of months we have designed, created and literally made real, what the art world might call, "a Major Body of Work".  Most of our larger Ridgelines pendants are finished, a few are still works in progress.  Four major commissioned pieces will be ready to be picked up at the Fair too.  Of course, quite a bit of the supporting production work is patiently waiting! 

It really is going to be Fun.  Being able to concentrate exclusively and so intensely on our work always is Fun!  But it's going to take some serious discipline to make up for all of the time that we have both been devoting to our other Guild responsibilities recently.

I'm looking forward to the point when, in the middle of the night, I look down at the office table and see a collection of finished work that we have made together.  That moment in time still astounds me.  It amazes me.

There's also a sculpture that I've been working on for a very long time.  I am sooo close to having the wax ready to cast in bronze . . .  It will be so personally satisfying to see and hold that piece once it's finished . . .

Oh, I almost forgot!  We'll be unveiling our new, limited edition, Seasonal Botanicals at the October Guild Fair!!!  (And Terry thinks I'm going to show her the photos I haven't taken yet?  HA!)

2 comments:

  1. Good Timing Terry! I just posted most of our latest finished work! Lots more coming too. I'm interested in what you'll think of our new Seasonal Botanicals ~ once they're finished and posted!

    ReplyDelete