Pat got David's ring to this point before passing it on to me. Normally we construct the Ridgelines in metal. For this project we're making them using techniques I developed a number of years ago. In one way or another I've always been a modeller, so using styrene is very natural for me. Here's a view of how the Ridgelines look roughed it in styrene plastic.
Here's a view of V's special order all sprued up and ready to be invested. I cast it Monday afternoon, running the burnout cycle while I worked on David's wax.
Late Friday afternoon my cousin Susan visited on here way back home. It's always nice to see Susan! Though we might have been a bit boring, since all we had to talk about was work. Susan did enjoy looking through some of the recent photos and our flip book.
We had planned to visit our friends David and Melanie Grant at the Dillsboro Pottery Festival Saturday. But we got started late. By the time Pat got home from delivering to Weaverville it had tuned into a beautiful day and promised to get even prettier. So we decided to stay home and plant bulbs!
So, of course, we went to Lowe's to see what they still had. No luck there, so on to The Home Depot. Bingo! We picked up a couple of new packs of crocus, 6o more in total and a couple of bags of mulch. I had to get three of the incredible, and edible, red mustards they had too!
Then we stopped at Ingles for lunch and dinner supplies. And I rediscovered their bulbs! Hmmm . . . the 'wild tulips' looks exactly like the Tulipa kaufmanniana that I so love ~ and lost when I re-did the sidewalk bed a couple of years ago. So we got a couple of boxes of them too!
96 bulbs in a small area in the sidewalk bed, 60 crocus and 36 of the tulips.