Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Labors, Howls, & Laurel Was Right!

Even though we could have easily kept working, we did take Saturday evening and Sunday off.  We loafed and relaxed.  Pad finished this pendant up for Jeannie Tracy, at The Jeweler's Workbench in Waynesville.  She delivered it today.

Black Jade, diamond set in a 14K tube setting.

The bezel was handmade for the uncalibrated Black Jade, the original bail and jump rings were constructed; the center jump ring is oxidized.  Jeannie's design for her gallery.

It looks like Laurel was right!  I replaced the lights and suddenly my colors are coming out truer.  Not quite there yet, but it's getting better.  The camera charger is due in tomorrow, so I should be ready to catch up on photographing stones and designs for our custom orders.  Then I'll have a chance to photograph the new work!

Oh.  The howls?  New neighbors have moved in with two Siberian Huskies.  We haven't met the dogs yet but their people seem nice.  Apparently huskies howl sometimes.  And actually they're rather musical.  So far it's kind of nice.

Time to buff three dozen production rings so I can ship them out in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, nice! I like the contrast.
    I hope the new dog neighbors are cat-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnaks Terry!

    So far their Mom & Dad are keeping them penned ~ they have a nice large yard. I think they're mainly reacting to strange noises in their new home when they're alone. The do have nice voices. Looking forward to meeting them!

    ReplyDelete